Through LocalMotion We All Pull Together
What makes small-town life fulfilling? For one thing, it’s the way people and organizations pull together when there’s a need. Ag Partners welcomes the opportunity to pull alongside local groups with worthy goals through its LocalMotion program.
“We’re excited about this program that lets Ag Partners give back to the communities where our customers live,” says Brent Low, Sales & Marketing Team Leader. “We encourage local organizations to suggest a need.”
Ag Partners sets aside 1% of net profits from agronomy sales to underwrite worthwhile local projects and institutions. A local committee reviews the requests. When a proposed project is selected to receive LocalMotion monies, Brent Low and local Ag Partners employees assign a funding level.
These projects and events have benefited from LocalMotion grants:
- Youth livestock learning program—O’Brien County Iowa State Extension
- Town celebration—Sheldon
- Bin rescue system—Fonda firefighters
- A new fire and EMS building—Granville
- Rialto Theater community entertainment facility—Pocahontas
- Electronic books to encourage young readers—Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn School system
- Tulip Festival—Orange City
- Save the Pool Committee—George
- Splash Pad, a pool alternative for smaller towns—Boyden
- Electronic town sign and equipment for firefighters—Royal
- Veterans Memorial—Sutherland
- Veterans Memorial—Newell
- New scoreboard and handicapped-accessible shelter—Sutherland Park Board
- Additional MRI equipment at Buena Vista Medical Center—Storm Lake
- First Responders, new communication equipment—Marathon
- Special Youth Challenge, outdoor experiences for handicapped children—Webb
Apply for a LocalMotion grant!